a Gtk+ based 3d modeller
Blake E Hegerle (laertes @ stab.gemma.com) gave the world g3d, and then seemed to drop off it. Last time I checked that email address bounces.
The original website is here http://www.stcloudstate.edu/~hebl9901/g3d/.
So, needing a simple 3d editor to bend to my whim, I adopted it have used it to great effect building models for a numerical program I work on.
The upshot of all that is my changes and bug fixes need to get out there. And so here they are. Note: I have bumped the version number to 0.1.0, the original is 0.0.2.
- Fixed some memory leaks.
- Can input point coordinates manually.
- Zoom function.
- Switch to bottom left corner being 0,0.
- Some opengl tweaks (ok lighting is still bad, need to read more).
- autoconf/automake reworked.
- included spec for rpms (which will put it in the gnome menus)
- Can build dynamic/static.
- Can build such that binary will run in place.
- reorganised b3d directory structure.
- if installing rpm on a box with GNOME installed, attempt to make a menu entry.
Main window. (showing the “not quite working” gl lighting)