Fuji64D in C41

So, having obtained some Fuji64D it seemed time to experiment.

I’ve developed this stock as B&W with good results, but now that I’d processed the colour film I’d bought my C41 kit for, it seemed like a good time to try this ECN2 stock.

I’m shooting handheld in bright sunlight with an F3 using a Nikkor 50mm f/1.8 AF-D.

Ok, so I expected a colour cast. These are uncorrected direct from an Epson V700. The scanner will try to fix exposure frame by frame, but looking at the negatives, there is little difference even though I tried a range of EI here.

What I wasn’t expecting was the difference in colour at f/8.

Overall, it is not a bad result. In this case, I followed some of the net advice to process as normal and remove the remjet following the BLIX. Hmm, in my case, the remjet had already started to come off and ended up partly in the BLIX. I’ll need to filter that. However this was why I waited to the rated end of the Tetenal kit before doing this, so no loss.

When developing this stock ad B&W I used a washing soda prebath and vigorous agitation. In that case I had no problems with remjet adhering to the emulsion. Perhaps I’ll try pre removal for the next experiment.

 f/8  f/1.8
 EI12  00XX_Fuiji64D_test_20131219_001  00XX_Fuiji64D_test_20131219_002
 EI15  00XX_Fuiji64D_test_20131219_003  00XX_Fuiji64D_test_20131219_004
 EI20  00XX_Fuiji64D_test_20131219_005  00XX_Fuiji64D_test_20131219_006
 EI25  00XX_Fuiji64D_test_20131219_007  00XX_Fuiji64D_test_20131219_008
 EI32  00XX_Fuiji64D_test_20131219_009  00XX_Fuiji64D_test_20131219_010
 EI40  00XX_Fuiji64D_test_20131219_011  00XX_Fuiji64D_test_20131219_012
 EI50  00XX_Fuiji64D_test_20131219_013  00XX_Fuiji64D_test_20131219_014
 EI64  00XX_Fuiji64D_test_20131219_015  00XX_Fuiji64D_test_20131219_016